Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Supplementing Your Life


These days many people I know, inlcuding myself, visit alternative doctors. I have been going to these kinds of doctors since I was 17 years old. It's funny how similar all the ones I have been to are-- smarter than anyone I have ever met, yet some of the most disorganized people around. I really don't know how they do it. Personally, I can't think "smartly" if all of my paperwork and other items aren't organized neatly into piles and folders.

Many of the alternative books I read are this way too. They have great information, but it's hard to apply the supplements they suggest because the information is all over the place. And there is A LOT of it. Whenever I get home from a visit or read a book, I feel very overwhelmed with the task before me-- to figure out how to apply what I just learned. 

Overwhelmed.

This is not a good place to be when it comes to your health. That is why I designed a chart to help manage vitamins and supplements all onto one page to make it easy to grasp. Since it is a free, printable file available here, you can print it off as many times as your supplement routine changes. I know mine changes quite often.

Here are some more ideas for your vitamin routine:


Obviously, you can buy holders for sorting pills by the day. I ended up buying 4 of them so, during my more intense supplement treatments, I can fill them up and label them according to Morning, Noon, Evening, and Bedtime. I also bought the kind that separate so I can pop off a day and carry it with me to work. In my supplement routine I have a bunch of homeopathetics and liquids that make things a bit more complicated. For me, I bought a really cute tray from anthropologie and placed all of my supplements for the week on it. I keep all of the refills in the cabinet above, but with the pretty tray it actually looks good sitting on my counter. Every Sunday I take 5 minutes and refill everything according to my Supplement worksheet.



I have also learned, after just cleaning out my vitamin cabinet, that vitamins have expiration dates too and you shouldn't keep them around too long. I cut down on 75% of the clutter in my cabinet just by throwing away all of the old pills. Yes, it gets very expensive... but good health is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment