Saturday, January 22, 2011

Let's Get Down to Business



And so it begins!
This is the very first snapshot I took with my brand new SLR camera today. It’s kind of a representation of my passions put together: design + organization.

Three months ago I launched Life on Paper Co. And in the last three months so many questions have been swirling around in my head. A lot of them have to do with what I really wanted to accomplish through my business. And then, a week into launching this website, I got the opportunity to sign up for the Dreamers Into Doers conference in NYC. I did it on a whim, not really sure of my reasoning behind it.

This week the actual event took place-- and what a roller coaster of emotions it was! I met 80 amazing women who are all at different stages of their businesses. Some were just starting out (like me) and others were pros at what they do. I am not the most social of butterflies so at the beginning I felt a bit like I was wandering aimlessly through a sea of very talkative people! I remember the moment where the lightbulb finally when off, though. And for the rest of the day, I was filling my notebook with ideas to make my tiny little company, as of now, into something more tangible. It was like a mindset shift.

I have such a passion for organization and I want to help people accomplish this in their own lives. Organization, though, should not be a heavy burden we carry to make our lives perfect. It is only a tool that we are given to creatively enhance our lives. So my goal is not to show you a perfect life, with ducks all in a row and matching color schemes at every turn. It’s to help bring order and creativity to even the smallest parts of our lives-- to make everything run more smoothly and peacefully. But of course, we can still do this with style! ;-)

In one sitting I already came up with enough blog ideas to stretch through 2011. I am also going to start designing printables-- designs you can download and print off your own computer-- to help with all of your organizational needs. I’ve got a list a mile long and designs circling in my head, so be patient with me as I get them out for you. And of course, I needed a fancy camera to take pictures of all the lovely things I will be sharing with you all. Thanks to the lovely people at Deluxe for giving me a gift card to get started. I am excited for the times ahead! Make sure to RSS subscribe to this blog (above) or follow me on facebook and twitter. Life is what we make of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment