Saturday, January 29, 2011

Party Girl

Today was my daughter's 4th birthday! I was so inspired by all the "party girls" at the Martha Stewart DiD Event (These are the women who have party planning businesses) that I decided to take her party up a notch.

It was so much fun planning this party and I was shocked at how much I really enjoyed it. Normally things like this would stress me out, but I kept everything organized and just let my creative juices flow. One thing I always do for parties that helps me enjoy myself, instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off, is to make a long list of everything I have to do when the guest arrive. I tend to have it all together until the first person arrives and then my mind just goes blank, so this helps to let me just clear my my and have fun with my friends!

Here are some party pics:




My daughter wanted a Butterfly Tea Party (she is always very specific!) so I decided to go with the whole mismatched-but-it-all-goes-together-in-the-end look. I bought one box of scrapbook paper for $6 and raided both grandma's houses for tea party-ish things. Then I made pretty much everything myself. It was so fun to put on, as my daughter would say, "such a fancy party mommy" for so very little money.

Party Favor Cones, made from scrap book paper and mismatched ribbon

Hanging Butterflys

Food labels with a scalloped punch and fun Tea party titles to make the food sound more fancy.


I took these pictures before I set all the food out, but you get the general idea...

Cupcakes with butterfly wings made from pretzels. Thanks Martha.


And Princess Emily herself :-)




4 comments:

  1. It was beautiful...and everyone had a blast! These pics are great though.. you might be hired to take our family portrait in the Spring with your new toy :) Maybe you should show me how to use mine... hehe... Love it all!!! Especially that little girl in the blue dress :) Happy Birthday Emi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely party -- and your little girl looks just like you - oh, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did such a great job! Emma and me really enjoyed ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so great!! Keep it up!! Jenn

    ReplyDelete